Joining MathSoc is easy. Just follow the instructions below and you'll be an official member of MathSoc, plus you can be kept up to date with all the latest events.
How to Join MathSoc
To join MathSoc, follow these simple instructions:
- Go to the Students' Union Clubs & Societies Database section of the NUSU website. Click on the "Newcastle Login" button at the top of the page (We have highlighted its location in orange in the image below).
- Login using your ISS username and password. Click Registration Form in the Navigation List to the right of the page and complete the form with your details.
- After submitting this form, the Choose Clubs and Societies option will appear in the Navigation List to the right of the page (Highlighted in the orange box in our image below). Click on the Choose Clubs and Societies option and find the Maths society. Add it to your basket.
- Click View or pay for Memberships in the Navigation List on the right of the page (highlighted in the orange box in our image below). This lets you review all the societies you have selected. When you are happy with the societies you have selected, click the Checkout button to proceed with the payment.
- Follow the payment instructions. You should receive a confirmation message and email when you have successfully joined MathSoc.
MathSoc regularly sends updates to its members by email, so subscribing to the mailing list is a good way to find out the latest news and events. To subscribe to the MathSoc mailing list, you simply need to send an email.
From your email account, enter the following as the body of your message, replacing firstname and surname with your own name:
SUBSCRIBE mathsoc-members firstname surname QUIT
- Leave the subject section blank.
- Send the email to email@example.com.
- You will automatically be sent an email asking you to confirm your subscription. Send a reply to that email to confirm your subscription.
Join the MathSoc group on Facebook
You can find MathSoc on Facebook, and keep up to date with what's going on. You'll receive information about events and messages about all that's going on at MathSoc.
If you have a Facebook account, then you are already able to like news and articles or recommend events featured on this site. Just log into Facebook if prompted. (Note: The login page is managed by Facebook. To keep your account secure, always make sure you are on a legitimate Facebook login page before entering your details).
Follow us on Twitter
MathSoc is now on Twitter and we'll be tweeting our latest news and upcoming events. Follow us @NCLMathSoc.
* A £3 insurance fee is added to the first club or society you join each year. You will only need to pay this once between all the clubs or societies you join in the year.